Google+ Motoring Blog: A Quick look at the new BMW I8

Wednesday 29 January 2014

A Quick look at the new BMW I8

2014 BMW I8 

Hello and welcome to my motoring blog you sexy mother fuc...
Any ways today I would like to write a little review about the BMW I8
BMW i8BMW i8 Doors upBlack BMW i8

My first thought

This looks funky, I wouldn't of expected BMW to create this, but I am liking the idea of BMW making a more fuel economic super car, I believe this is the 2nd in the series as they have already made the BMW I3, But this car does look fantastic and I am certain that this car will turn a few heads.

The Price

The price of this car is a massive $135,925 and delivery are set to begin in the second quarter of 2014 as a 2015 Model year.

The details

So the BMW I8 isn't about massive v8/v10 engines it is more about efficiency but then again its not all about that either, considering this car can get up to speeds quickly 0-62 in 4.4 seconds, this can can produce 420 pound-feet of torque and a top speed of 155 MPH which is not to shabby for a 1.5 litre three cylinder twin power turbo gasoline engine, but not only does this car have a gasoline engine it has a electric motor as well, which used on its own can about 22 miles on a single charge and up to a maximum speed of 75 mph, and the full charge take about 3 1/2 hours on a normal 120 volt household plug.

Extra fact 

The BMW I8  production model was designed by Benoit Jacob, and the production version was unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt motor show followed by the 2013 Les Voiles de saint-tropez.

Conclusion

This car looks amazing, has two engines (granted one is electric) and is quick, and its better for the environment.

So its a win-win situation and I believe BMW have done a amazing job.
So if anyone wants to buy me one be my guest :D



Links

Here are a couple of links to more of the beautiful BMW I8

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/bmw/2015-bmw-i8-ar99499.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_i8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomAfeT6rhc

Thank you for reading my review on the New BMW I8

Dont forget to share this on Facebook, twitter, Reddit, Google plus

And follow me at my twitter page
@motoringblog1

You're awesome! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

e580e0f04bc1ca46fa2f5519ed185608dec81c93dbcc4fb12d